`Do you dream of being surrounded by delicious cakes, macarons, cupcakes, and cookie sandwiches for days?
Then you’ll love Kelsey Elizabeth Cakes – a pretty little shop with adorable and delicious cakes that also offers cute party supplies.
History of Kelsey Elizabeth Cakes
Kelsey’s always loved baking and decorating, and in 2012 she turned her hobby into a career when she opened Kelsey Elizabeth Cakes, a party boutique with all kinds of sweet cakes and adorable treats for a quick indulgence, small party, or huge celebration.
She studied under Peggy Porschen (a well-known European cake designer) of the Peggy Porschen Cake Academy in London and stayed with Peggy for a bit after to work on sugar flowers for her new cake collection once she earned her diploma.
In addition to sugar flower design, Kelsey studied baking, tiered cakes, wedding cakes, and piping techniques at the academy. She’s also studied sugar flowers with Maggie Austin, fondant work with Erica O’Brien, and Lambeth method piping with Wendy Kromer.
Kelsey has been featured in Reader’s Digest and on the Katie Couric Show among her other accomplishments.
Check out previous Kelsey Elizabeth Cakes masterpieces on their Instagram or in their portfolio. Everything looks so good your mouth will start to water.
Recommended Kelsey Elizabeth Cakes
Yelp reviewers love the sweets and aesthetics of Kelsey Elizabeth Cakes, particularly fawning over the macarons and birthday cakes.
Their 12 signature cake flavors are:
- White Almond – three layers of fluffy white almond cake covered in vanilla buttercream
- Chocolate Fudge – nostalgic fudge layers that can be paired with vanilla buttercream or chocolate fudge frosting
- Chocolate Salted Caramel – a rich chocolate cake with layers of homemade caramel buttercream, sprinkled with sea salt, and topped with vanilla buttercream
- Maple Cinnamon – cinnamon maple cake with a vanilla maple cream cheese frosting
- Homemade Lemon Curd –classic white cake filled with homemade tart lemon curd and covered in either vanilla buttercream for a sweetness or lemon buttercream to double up on the tartness
- White Raspberry – white almond wedding cake filled with fresh raspberry buttercream and covered in vanilla buttercream
- Peanut Butter Bliss – rich chocolate fudge cake filled with creamy peanut butter and topped with either chocolate, vanilla, or peanut butter buttercream
- Neapolitan Rose – layers of chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, chocolate fudge, and strawberry preserves covered in chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry buttercream
- Vanilla Blackberry – white cake filled with blackberry buttercream
- German Chocolate – chocolate cake with German chocolate filling, toasted pecans, and coconut
- Red Velvet – a red milk chocolate cake filled with cream cheese frosting and covered in vanilla buttercream
- Snicker’s – chocolate cake filled with peanut butter buttercream, caramel buttercream, and chopped nuts with chocolate buttercream and a Snicker’s candy bar on top
Along with these signatures, Kelsey Elizabeth Cakes offers tons of other fantastic-sounding cupcake and macaron flavors.
The general cupcake flavor groups break into classic flavors (like triple chocolate, French toast, or Funfetti), candy bar & cookie flavors (like snickerdoodle, chocolate chip cookie dough, or birthday Oreo), fruit flavors (like coconut lemon, chocolate covered banana, or strawberry lemonade), dessert inspired flavors (like s’mores, banana split, or Boston cream pie), breakfast flavors (like blueberry pancake, cinnamon roll, or jelly donut), and seasonal flavors (like pumpkin spice, carrot cake, or gingerbread). The seasonal flavors even list out the dates they’ll be available.
The macaron flavors break into classics (like vanilla bean, pistachio, or sea salt fudge), chocolate (like triple chocolate, mocha, or hot cocoa), candy (like Reese’s, Butterfinger, or Starburst), ice cream (like orange creamsicle, root beer float, or mint chocolate chip), fruit (like raspberry, blackberry, or cherry limeade), and fun (like Fruity Pebbles, Nutella, or buttered popcorn).
KEC Cake Collections and Party Trays
Kelsey Elizabeth Cakes sells cakes from several different collections – the Buttercream Cake Collection, Party Cake Collection, Cupcake Collection, Custom Cakes, and Party Trays.
The Buttercream Cake Collection includes various styles like the classic rose cake, large rose cake, petal cake, ruffle cake, retro dot cake, wave cake, blossom cake, and hand-painted floral cakes.
The Party Cake Collection, Cupcake Collection, and Party Tray all fall into the same general category of baked goods you can order for multiple people to enjoy at parties. While you can’t customize their design or flavors (to make them an easier pick for both parties), you can add on a personal message for the celebrant.
You can choose your cake from 6 different sizes and these flavors: macaron sprinkle, Oreo fudge, vanilla caramel fudge, cinnamon roll, Neapolitan rose, s’mores, ice cream sundae, Snicker’s, white raspberry preserves, strawberry lemonade, Reese’s, and cookie dough.
For Custom Cakes you’ll have to contact Kelsey Elizabeth Cakes for details so you can get a more accurate price quote and talk about what kind of cake you’re looking at for the occasion and when you’ll need it by. Her cakes are known for being classy, chic, tasteful, and full of possibilities. You can customize the intricacy, colors, details, artwork and more, although the price will reflect the complexity of your cake.
KEC Wedding Cake Collection
Getting married? Kelsey Elizabeth Cakes has a wedding cake collection you can choose from – you can add your own custom touch onto these three tier wedding cakes, or you can place a complete custom order and create the perfect one, two or three tiered masterpiece for your special day.
Do you want to taste the cake first so you know what you’ll be getting?
We don’t blame you (plus, wedding cake tasting is fun!).
KEC offers 4 different lasting boxes for soon-to-be-wed couples to enjoy.
$10 will get you three flavors of cake and three fillings to try out. If you want to try more, you can add another box for $8. Just call or email or order your tasting box. KEC needs at least 24 to 48 hours to prepare your order for pick up.
The most popular tasting boxes are the:
- Classic 1 Box – vanilla, white almond, and chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream, raspberry buttercream, and chocolate fudge
- Classic 2 Box – vanilla, white almond, and chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream, raspberry buttercream, and salted caramel buttercream
- White Cake Lovers Box – vanilla, white almond, and maple cinnamon cake with vanilla buttercream, lemon curd, and maple cream cheese frosting
- Chocolate Cake Lovers Box – white almond and two chocolate cakes with vanilla buttercream, salted caramel buttercream, and peanut butter buttercream
Or you can pick your own three flavors and fillings to try from their lists.
Pricing of Kelsey Elizabeth Cakes
The typical cost of a general buttercream KEC cake falls between $35 and $98 for a single tier (with 5 size options feeding anywhere from 6 to 40 people), $86 and $200 for a two tier (with 4 different sizes capable of serving a range of 16 to 60), and $225 to $350 for a three tier (with 4 sizes that can serve anywhere from 45 to 100 people).
You can get a smash cake for $18, cupcakes from $2.50 to $4 a piece, and macarons for $2 to $3.
They have a full pricing sheet on their website.
Are You Craving a Kelsey Elizabeth Cake Now?
I am, too.
You can sharpen your sweet tooth at either of their two locations:
- 720 Avon Belden Rd., Avon Lake, OH 44012
- 20033 Detroit Rd., Rocky River, OH 44116
Kelsey Elizabeth Cakes is open on Tuesday through Friday from 10am to 6pm, and Saturday from 10am to 3pm. They’re closed Sunday and Monday.
You can pop into the shop and look around in wonder as you treat yourself to the tasty sweets that call out to you, or you can place an order online via email.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to pick up your order at the Avon Lake location.
Email kelseyelizabethcakesRR@gmail.com if you want to pick up your order at the Rocky River location.
In the email, be sure to include the size or number of servings you need, the flavor you want, the buttercream pattern (if applicable), the color scheme, and the date you need the order done by.
Place the email order at least 2 to 3 weeks in advance – once KEC reaches their maximum number of orders in a particular week, they can’t take anymore (although they will try and accommodate last minute orders, there are just no guarantees).
KEC gets a ton of emails weekly, so their ETA of email response is 2 to 5 days. Call them at 440-653-5883 (Avon Lake) or 216-767-5633 (Rocky River) if you’re looking for an immediate answer.
PS Do you live in Ohio and love cake? Kelsey Elizabeth Cakes as of now is hiring.
Leave a Reply