Quick confession: I love baking but getting the best hand mixer is an absolute must for me. After all, these mixers allow us to combine the ingredients quickly, efficiently, and in a most convenient manner.
For me, baking is a process that washes away stress, with a delicious result to reward your efforts. It’s actually been a lifesaver at some very difficult times in my life. That is why I always prefer to go with the best hand mixer over a manual mixer.
A manual mixer requires you to move the beaters by hand, which can actually add to your stress. It’s also usually in one piece, which can make washing up difficult. With the powerful spinning of a hand mixer and its removable beaters, I feel that baking is just so much easier.
The best hand mixer will fluff your egg whites, whip up your cream, and even knead the dough for you. It will also do all this with much less effort than the manual kind. We’ll discuss some factors and the top options available so that serious home bakers can make the best decision.
Product Comparison Table
How to Choose the Hand Mixer of Your Dreams
Image via Pixabay
While setting up my kitchen, I had started planning my "baking corner" almost right away. Another confession, though: I still don’t have the best hand mixer to complete my essentials.
I blame the sheer variety available today, but it’s time to get down and pick the best one available on the market. If you’re in the same boat, let’s consider some important factors before choosing the best hand mixer:
THE PROPER WEIGHT
Hand mixers are much more compact than the huge standing versions. The latter tend to take up a lot of counter space but the best hand mixers give you a great balance. You get a powerful motor in a compact body that can easily find a home in any cabinet.
Of course, there are some heavyweight options as well. While these might be more powerful, it’s not surprising that people also consider a lighter version.
Though a light motor may not be able to handle the excessively thick dough, it does prevent aching arms. But on the other hand, a too-light option may make you lose control. Therefore, finding just the right balance is key.
There are several speed options in the best hand mixers available today. You can get models with the basic three speeds, which is all I remember from my childhood baking sessions. Apparently, there are 5, 6, and 10 speeds available now.
Since baking usually requires mixing the dry ingredients first, you’ll need a slow start setting for this purpose. That will prevent any messy accidents when you’re adding in the wet ingredients.
If you require enough power to blend up some thick dough on a regular basis, you should go for a higher wattage. You might be fine with just 150 watts. But the models today also go up to something like 220 and more.
VARIETY OF ATTACHMENTS
The attachments for your best hand mixer will depend on what you want to make. Whisks or beaters are usually the standard equipment. But there are also dough hooks, spatulas, and other options available.
If a cookie or a pizza dough is a necessity in your kitchen, you should make sure you have the attachments to handle them.
Another consideration of attachments is the material. The usual option is stainless steel, which is great for durability.
If you have an especially nice mixing bowl, though, you might want a protective coating on your attachments. Beaters with silicone coating won’t scratch up your bowl but may wear out over time.
Personally, I go for the classic stainless steel versions here. Plastic, rubber, or nonstick coatings can flake off into your ingredients. We definitely don't want that.
If you have kids sleeping, you don’t want to disturb them by using even the best hand mixer. Fortunately, many of the hand mixers on the market have a motor that’s much quieter than the older versions.
The handle of the best hand mixer is usually an inbuilt option. Plastic handles may cause the machine to slip out of your grip (especially when working in a hot kitchen). There are now options with silicone or rubber grips, so you should see if your hand sweat requires help in this area.
SAVING ON SPACE
Apartment kitchens can be quite small, so you want to save on space as much as possible. Many of the best hand mixer options now come with compact bodies, retractable cords, and other convenient features. These help you to pop the mixer into a tiny yet accessible space in any cabinet or drawer.
Before choosing the best hand mixer, you should check whether it comes with a storage case. If there isn’t one, that shouldn’t be a deal breaker. It will still be able to save some kitchen space if it has a compact construction.
How We Reviewed Some of the Best Hand Mixer Options Available
Below, we’ve reviewed a range of the best hand mixers available on the market right now. For this selection, we’ve considered all the features above in varying combinations. These features and the brands have an effect on the prices, so you have a wide range here as well.
Finally, we’ve made sure that every item has a high Amazon rating. This way, we’ll recommend high-performing brands no matter which one you end up choosing.
Overall Pricing of These Kitchen Tools
The overall price of the best hand mixer options ranges from $18 to $150. These prices will depend on the features inside the mixer, the number of attachments we get, and the brand.
Getting a high-end option will obviously last you a longer time, so it’s a worthwhile trade-off. However, you should also take care not to pay top dollar for the features you may not even use.
12 Best Hand Mixer Brands Available Today
We’ve discussed the concept of choosing the best hand mixer options in quite an exhaustive manner. Let’s take a look at what the market has to offer us today:
1. OSTER 2500 INSPIRE
- 240-watt motor and 5 speed settings
- Ergonomic design contour grip for ease and comfort
- Burst-of-Power function provides extra mixing power to work through batters and ensure even mixing at any speed
- One-touch beater eject makes clean up quick and easy
- Includes chrome beaters and dough hooks
Ratings - 4.0 out of 5 stars
The Oster 2500 Inspire is a 240-watt option with 5 handy speeds for easy mixing. Its motor is powerful enough to get you a quick result with minimal effort. Plus, the handle is comfortable, easy to grip, and quite simple to use.
We love the retractable cord option, which makes this model suitable for the tiniest kitchen. Plus, there's a variety of attachments in the package for every kind of baking need. The Amazon rating of
4.0 out of 5 stars is enough to tell us about the performance.
Oster is a leading brand in the baking industry, but the reasonable price range starts at just $ and may go up to $$. Quite a bargain, we must say! However, the power may not be enough to churn up any extra-heavy mixtures. If that isn’t a regular need, this may be the model for you.
2. VREMI HAND MIXER
- HIGH POWERED ELECTRIC HAND MIXER - Our handheld electric mixer comes with 150-watt copper motor power and 3 levels of turbo speed that is perfect for your cooking and baking needs. Effortlessly mix, whisk or beat eggs, cake batter, pizza dough, pancake batter and more
- PROFESSIONAL TWIN BEATER BLADES - Our mixer comes with 2 dishwasher safe metal egg beaters blade sticks attachments made of heavy duty, rust-resistant stainless steel to cut through and blend thick, dry or wet ingredients seamlessly
- STURDY CLIP ON STORAGE CASE - Our mixer features built-in beater blade storage holder to keep your egg whisks stored securely. No more digging through the drawers to find your beater tools; simply snap it to the side when a part is not in use
- EASY GRIP ERGONOMIC HANDLE - Our mixer is made with compact BPA free plastic body and an ergonomically designed lightweight handle for maximum comfort. This makes our hand mixer machine easy to hold and maneuver in mixing bowl or large cup. A great blender tool for kids, baby food and more
- WITH RETRACTABLE CORD and 4 COLOR OPTIONS - Portable hand held mixers measures 7.3 x 2.4 x 4.3 inch and come in white with blue, red, pink or black accents. This hand mixer has long retractable cord for space saving organization. Perfect manual mixer replacement
Ratings - 4.2 out of 5 stars
This Vremi Hand Mixer gives us the basic three speeds, a lightweight body, and an ideal compact solution. This is all you need if baking is just a hobby for you. The power is just 150 watts, which means that you should forget about the heavy dough here.
While the speed options are limited, the performance is good enough for fluffiness and proper texture. If it wasn’t, this item wouldn’t have received an Amazon rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars. We especially appreciate the convenient inclusion of a storage case.
The beaters of Vremi hand mixer are made of stainless steel and are dishwasher safe. The airy weight and comfy grip are two more excellent features. As expected for this basic version, the price range is on the low side. It starts at $ and may go up to $$, which should come within the tightest baking budget.
3. AICOK HAND MIXER
- Electric mixer with 6 speeds and a turbo function gives you complete control as to how fast you want to mix.
- Powerful 250W motor can whisk up delicious cakes, cookies, bread, dough, and cream with the two different beaters.
- The brushed stainless steel mixer to being sturdy, for a longer lasting use,give your kitchen a modern decoration.
- With eject button,you would love how the hand mixer could be storage and cleaned easily.
- 2 years warranty and the best service will be with you at any time you need it, feel free to contact us.
Ratings - 4.0 out of 5 stars
The Aicok Hand Mixer is a six-speed option, which ensures that you can get consistent results for every recipe. Prepare dough, whip that cream into shape, and mix up all kinds of cakes — this mixer will do it all!
One unique aspect here is the lightweight construction of stainless steel. This will ensure durability without compromising on a comfortable grip. The ergonomic handle will hopefully minimize arm fatigue while the 250-watt motor will get you those quick blending results.
With an Amazon rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars, we can rest assured that this is a decent option. The price range of AICOL hand mixer is between $30 and $48, which is quite reasonable for this list.
Unfortunately, the beaters may eject a bit too easily. However, the amazing customer service and two-year warranty should cover any major issues.
4. DASH SHM01DSWH HA MIXER
- 3 SPEED: Low, medium, or high speed controls let you quickly mix, blend, or whip egg whites, cake batter, cookie dough, whip cream and more At the touch of a button
- ENHANCED STORAGE: No more lost beaters or flimsy front clip plates - seamlessly eject the beaters and pop them, freshly cleaned, right back into the beater storage clip on the side of the appliance, making for optimum storage
- COMPACT + PORTABLE: Weighing just over 2 lbs, This is a must-have for that first apartment, smaller kitchen, college dorm life, or camper/RV traveling
- PERFECT GIFT: the perfect wedding or new home gift Its small size takes up little cabinet or counter space, and its sleek design and trendy color options will match any kitchen décor (add to your registry now! )
- INCLUDES: Backed by a 1-year manufacturer guarantee, The 150-watt 3 Speed Hand mixer includes 2 beaters, recipe book and recipe database access (all non-electric parts are dishwasher safe or easily wiped clean)
Ratings - 4.4 out of 5 stars
The Dash SHM01DSWH Hand Mixer is a compact option with some fun color options. There are just three speeds here but that’s probably enough for any non-professional home baker. Its Amazon rating is quite impressive at 4.4 out of 5 stars. This tells us that the performance must be something.
At a price ranging from $ to $$, it’s heartening that this model allows any sort of mixing, blending, or whipping.
The best part, though, is the storage option for the beaters. You can simply slip them right into the machine's side after they’re dry. No storage hassles mean that there are minimum chances of losing the attachments.
Of course, the basic design means that you have to compromise a bit on some features and attachments. If you usually need a dough hook, this option isn’t for you.
5. SHARDOR HAND MIXER
- Lightweight Hand Mixer: The SHARDOR hand mixer is designed with a stunning modern shape. Perfect for Arthritis, a person who is planning to learn baking or those who have less strength in their hands. A nice starter beater.
- Time-and-Labor-Saving: Ergonomic Handle provides comfort while mixing. Quickly and easily remove any accessory from the hand blender at the touch of ejector button. The parts are easy to clean.
- High Quality Attachments: All the 6 accessories made of stainless steel are more intrinsically resistant to corrosion than others (eg.chrome-plated materials), including 2x beaters, 2x dough hooks and 2x whisks. SHARDOR help you create a healthy kitchen.
- Storage and Convenience: Storage base provides storing place for accessories, and wires can be wound around the bottom to keep your cabinet neat. It works great on bread cakes, desserts, mashed potatoes, cheese dips, and even light dough mixes!
- 100% Money Back Guarantee: Customer satisfaction is our top priority. If you experience ANY problems with SHARDOR hand mixer, we will supply 1 year hassle-free refund or replacement warranty.
Ratings - 4.3 out of 5 stars
The SHARDOR Hand Mixer is a five-speed, powerful, and multi-purpose option when it comes to choosing the best hand mixer. It boasts a convenient soft start feature, an ejector button, and an impressive range of six attachments. The storage base makes it easy to stock anywhere.
With an Amazon rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars, you can expect a decent performance. The price range is also quite heartening, being from $ to $$.
Overall, this version gives you the opportunity to perform several operations without any fear of breakage. One possible downside is that there aren’t six holes to attach all the hooks and whisks. This might be a requirement for some bakers but not a usual need.
6. KITCHENAID KHM512IC 5-SPEED ULTRA POWER HAND MIXER
- Mix ingredients for a variety of recipes from slowly stirring in chunky ingredients, like nuts or chocolate chips, at speed one to whipping egg whites or heavy cream at speed five. Cord length : 36 Inches
- 60 watts
- 60 Hz
Ratings - 4.1 out of 5 stars
If color options and a high-end name are important to you, you should choose the KitchenAid KHM512IC 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer.
You have five speeds here, including a very slow setting. That means you may gently increase the speed in order to mix wet ingredients with dry ones. You’ll get less mess, less cleaning, and more time to have a great baking experience.
The delightful color options and lightweight (just two pounds) structure are available at a price range of $$ and $$. Plus, that unique swivel cord is lockable. All this makes us see why this one gets an Amazon rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Some might complain that this model doesn’t offer a very high speed even at the topmost setting. However, it's fast enough to whip up meringues.
7. VONSHEF ELECTRIC HAND MIXER
- ELECTRIC HAND MIXER: With a 250W motor and turbo setting you can whisk, mix and knead to bake and cook.
- STAINLESS STEEL ATTACHMENTS: Includes - 2x Beaters, 2x Dough Hooks and a Balloon Whisk. The durable stainless steel dough hooks make mixing dough and heavier cake mixes easy. The stainless steel beaters are perfect for whisking egg whites, creaming ingredients and for light cake mixtures or batters.
- 5 SPEED SETTING AND TURBO BOOST: 5 Different Speed Settings, Turbo Function and Ejection Button. The improved speed settings are all thumb operated, meaning the device is easy and convenient to use.
- "LIGHTWEIGHT & EASY USE: The VonShef Hand Whisk also benefits from a compact and lightweight design that allows you to transport it easily. All of the accessories included with the hand mixer are dishwasher safe and easy to clean, leaving you more time to bake and less time scrubbing.
- STYLISH DESIGN: Stylish and Sleek in a Robust Silver and Red Design. Dimensions - 7.2 x 4.3 x 3 inches (approx.). Cable length - 5 feet.
Ratings - 4.4 out of 5 stars
The VonShef Electric Hand Mixer looks so stylish and sleek that you can even choose to leave this one on the counter!
The turbo function will whip all your ingredients into shape while the eject button will remove the beaters easily. Plus, the lightweight design will help you beat and whip anything without compromising your arms.
One possible downside here is that even the lowest speed is extremely fast. That is a testament to the powerful motor. The
Amazon rating is a decent 4.4 out of 5 stars, though. So, this must not be a serious disadvantage.
With a price range between $ and $$, this mixer wouldn’t break the bank. If you’re ready to control that turbo function, you should go for it.
8. HAMILTON BEACH 62620 HAND MIXER
- Beaters designed for fast and easy mixing. Twisted wire beaters are designed to mix faster and clog less so you can tackle any baking recipe.
- Snap-on storage case and 6 attachments included: the hand mixer with storage case includes everything you need: twisted wire beaters, a milkshake blending rod, two dough hooks, and a whisk. All the accessories Store neatly in the Snap-On storage case.
- 6 speeds with quickness button. This versatile electric hand mixer has 6 different speed options, plus a QuickBurst button for those times when you need an extra burst of power.
- Pulse function: pulse on the lowest speed for added control and less mess.
- 290 watts peak power. This Hamilton Beach hand mixer easily handles every mixing Job, whether you're combining ingredients for your favorite dip, making a batch of homemade cookies, preparing fresh bread dough, or whipping cream to top a delicious pie.
Ratings - 3.9 out of 5 stars
The Hamilton Beach 62620 Hand Mixer boasts 250 watts of power at the highest setting and weighs about 3.35 pounds. It’s a simple design with a reasonable price tag ranging from $ to $$. The snap-on case assures us that this mixer is easy to assemble and use.
The Amazon rating of the Hamilton Beach 62620 is 3.9 out of 5 stars, but that’s still high enough to give us an impression of quality performance.
Again, the downside is a too-fast speed even at the lowest setting.
However, we don’t really see this as an issue unless someone wants a super-slow setting.
If you’re worried about the ingredients flying out, you should consider the inbuilt groove in the design. That will let you rest the device on the mixing bowl, ensuring that there’s no flying or spattering involved.
9. SUNBEAM 2524 HAND MIXER
Ratings - 4.2 out of 5 stars
At 220 watts and 6 speeds, the Sunbeam 2524
Mixer gives us a convenient option for every baking agenda. There’s also a soft grip handle, two chrome beaters, and a resting place for the bowl and heel.
The Amazon rating here is 4.2 out of 5 stars, while the price range starts at a nice $ and may go up to $$. With the powerful motor and other handy features, we’ll say this one is a valuable deal.
There’s a definite lack of a really slow speed setting. That means that you’ll have to combine some ingredients by hand. Once you get a manageable batter, though, this machine will take care of the rest in no time.
10. KRUPS GN492851 HAND MIXER
- Hand mixer with 10 speed settings, turbo boost for an extra burst of power
- Stainless-steel accessories include 2 silicon-coated beaters, 2 dough hooks, and a whisk
- Count-up timer with pause function for easily keeping track of mixing time
- Quiet operation; adjust speed setting with a simple slide
- Hand washing recommended; compact case included for easy storage
Ratings - 4.0 out of 5 stars
The KRUPS GN492851
Hand Mixer is one of the quietest motors we have on this list. It’s also one of the most versatile, with a whopping 10 speed settings.
There’s also a turbo boost button if you require more power than usual.
According to reviews, this mixer is the best one for all kinds of shakes. You shouldn’t be afraid to use the chunkiest ingredients. This one is capable of pulverizing even peanut butter.
What's more, it also starts off really slow so you can mix up just about anything without fearing a mess.
In a nutshell, this is the mixer you want if kneading bread dough and blending tough ingredients is an everyday necessity.
The Amazon rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars tells us that the performance is reliable, so no worries there. Its price ranges from $$ to $$, which shows that this model is still the most expensive item.
11. DMOFWHI 5 SPEED HAND MIXER
- 〖ELECTRIC POWER HAND MIXER〗 ~ 300 watts powerful motor can be a good choice for your kitchen. As a serious cooker or chef, you can take care of stiffest of doughs.
- 〖5 SPEED CONFIGURATION〗 ~ Multiple speed hand mixer will meet all of your mixing need. Slower start, a zero speed gives you smooth and trouble-free start. All settings are thumb operated, which means the hand mixer is very easy to use.
- 〖HIGH QUALITY STAINLESS STEEL ATTACHMENTS〗 ~ We supply high quality stainless steel attachments with the hand mixer. including 2x wired beaters,2 dough hooks,2 balloon whisks. You can tackle a number of kitchen tasks with the attachments very easily, such as beating dough, heavier cake, whipping egg, mixing ingredients...All the attachments are dishwasher-safe. The hand mixer also features a snap-on case for storing the attachments.
- 〖COMFORTABLE USE, EASY TO CLEAN〗 ~ The hand mixer has rounded shape with easy-to-reach buttons, slanted handle that offers comfortable grip. You will feel more comfortable when doing kitchen work with the hand mixer. The impressive design and flawless construction will save your time cleaning it. You can clean it with a single damp cloth.
- 〖A LIGHT HAND MIXER FOR YOUR COOKING 〗~ DmofwHi electric hand mixer is light and portable for your quick task in the kitchen. The hand mixer is perfect for the food preparation on different occasions, like daily cooking at home, birthday party, bakery, and so on.
Ratings - 4.5 out of 5 stars
The DmofwHi 5 Speed Hand Mixer boasts an impressive wattage of around 300 and about 6 stainless steel attachments. There are two wired beaters, two dough hooks, and two whisks for all your mixing requirements. Plus, the storage case will make the stacking a breeze.
It’s also heartening to see an Amazon rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars, which is one of the highest on this list. The price starts at $ and may go up to $$, which is a little high but reasonable for the features we’re getting.
Unfortunately, there is a risk with wobbly attachments for some models here. The 24-month warranty should cover such issues.
12. CUSINAID 5-SPEED HAND MIXER
- Five Variable Speed Settings and Extra Turbo Button: With a 250W motors and 5 different Speeds to help you whisk, mix and knead and the turbo of the hand mixer can help you more efficient and quick
- One Button Eject Design and Fix Stainless Steel Beaters: Convenient and Safe to dismantle or clean the electric hand mixer’s beaters when you want to switch the different beaters. Conveniently operate hand mixer with one hand
- Five Wider Stainless Steel Dual Beaters: Wider beaters and dough hooks is easy to clean and dishwasher safe; And there is any noises when the hand mixer working
- Curved Handle , Quick Cooling and Wire Storage Design: This unique design can provide you with a comfortable and safe user experience when you making ingredients, batters, whip dough, cream and eggs
- Stainless Steel Surface, Snap-on Storage Case and Vertical design: The mixer’s surface with stainless steel design is more durable and the storage case is more convenient to storage attachments. After using it, you can make the hand mixer stand on your desk
Ratings - 4.5 out of 5 stars
The Cusinaid 5-Speed Hand Mixer is a common inclusion in many lists of the best hand mixer options available online. It includes the beaters and dough hooks for everyday baking needs, along with a storage case to hold everything.
At an Amazon rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars, this item does seem to be quite impressive. However, the price range is between $$ and $$, which is among the highest prices on this list. It's still affordable for many home cooks, though. If you need a powerful hand mixer, this one is hard to beat.
Baking like a Professional with the Best Hand Mixer
The best hand mixers will no doubt help you to get baking and achieve the most professional results. However, there’s rarely a need for more than one hand mixer, so you’ll have to choose the one that meets your needs.
For fulfilling basic requirements, you may go with the Oster 2500 Inspire. This little gadget has everything you need: less weight, stainless steel attachments, and a reasonable price range.
But if you’re looking for a hand mixer with retractable cords, the KRUPS
GN492851 Hand Mixer should be your final choice.
Try out one of these best hand mixers as soon as possible and you’ll definitely see the difference in your baking results!
Which mixer will you choose for your kitchen? Tell us in the comments below!
Featured Image via Pixabay
Last update on 2021-01-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API